Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wearable Rocker Makeup

I love doing my makeup in unique, alternative-type ways. But every time I go to youtube and search for this, I always come up with these videos titled "Rocker Chick" that are pretty much the same thing- black all over the lid, maybe cherry red in the crease, lots of black liner everywhere, and tons of mascara. But this isn't really wearable for every day, or some people (like me) don't have features that can pull off such an overwhelming look at all. So I've developed a go-to type of rocker look that is wearable during the day for those days I feel a bit edgy. Enjoy!

As always, start off with a clean, primed eye.
Swipe a cranberry colored base (I used Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk) all over your upper and lower lid. Bring the color up into your crease as well. This will help the colors stand out more.
Choose a medium-bronze brown color (I used Smog from Urban Decay) and apply all over your lid.
Use a red shadow (I used NYX in Cherry) very lightly in the crease.
Take the red to the lower lash line as well.
Use a cranberry pigment (E.L.F. in Magical Maroon) in the crease and lower lash line as well. If you apply it too dark, use a clean blending brush and blend until you have your desired effect.

Use a matte white eyeshadow to highlight under your brow bone and inner eye. This is subtler than a shimmery highlight, because enough is going on with the red tones. 
Use a medium-dark brown (or black if you have dark features) eyeliner and line your waterline and upper lid.
Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
(sorry for the random line in the pic!)
Contour your cheekbones with a matte bronzer. Apply a peachy blush to the apples of your cheeks.
Use a nude lipstick (Soft Nude from Revlon) and you're done!

I like this looks because it's unique in that you use reds, but they do not overwhelm your face or make you look like your eyes are bloodshot (always a plus haha). Using brown liner instead of black makes the look softer, but using a medium brown on your lids and lining the waterline still looks edgy. Hope you liked it!

1 comment: