Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ombre First Attempt

So, this was my first attempt at a vertical ombre of this nature. I've done where each separate nail gets light, and I've tried vertical ombre using a makeup sponge, which turned out alright, but I wanted to try a different way. So here is the result

(Pre nail cleanup :])
First I painted the whole nail in a mix of the Nail Envy and yellow. Then I painted a strip above that with yellow mixed with a little bit of the mango color, then increased the amount of mango color. Eventually I used the mango color mixed with a little of the burnt orange color. I topped it off with Ulta X-dry. 
I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet. It definitely looks better from far away, because up close you can see the lines of the colors. Next time I'll probably try a different method. 


From left to right: OPI Nail Envy Matte, Zoya Pippa, China Glaze Papaya Punch, China Glaze Street Racing, Ulta X-dry

No comments:

Post a Comment