Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Save Your Damaged Hair!

I'll be honest- I am pretty brutal on my hair. I have been using Sun-In since the eighth grade, straighten it at least once a week, use cheap shampoo, and rarely get haircuts (last one I got was in June). All of this combined makes for dry, damaged, frizzy hair. Even my shorter layers are damaged and have a rough texture. 


I know, I know. I should cut all the dead ends off. But I don't want to. I like my long hair. Plus, if I cut the dead ends off, the point would be to start buying the salon shampoo, get my hair professionally dyed as to not damage it so much, and get regular haircuts. All of this adds up to money that I don't have. 


So, I have searched and searched for ways to salvage my hair. I have tried moroccan oil, split end treatments, expensive shampoo...all of which has landed me in the same place. Except recently, I discovered a new product that was right under my nose the whole time....




That's right, olive oil! The past couple of weeks I've slathered some of this on my ends, twisted my hair in a bun, put a shower cap on, and went to sleep. In the morning I just took a shower as usual. I do this once or twice a week, and even the first time I used it I noticed a difference. 


Yes, I still have some split and dead ends. But this simple (and cheap!) solution has helped my hair in ways that other pricey products have not. My shorter layers seem a lot healthier, and my hair is generally a lot softer. I still use this in combination with leave-in conditioner after I shower, so it's not a complete all-in-one fix. I have oily hair, and after showering this did not leave my hair feeling greasy or oily :)


So if you're looking for something inexpensive, try a DIY overnight olive oil treatment.


Thanks for reading!
~Beth

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth!

    I'm from Blue Eyed Beauty Blog. I love the olive oil hair treatment. It is amazing! I have long hair also, but I do not cut it. I love the way my hair feels after using olive oil on it!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete