Friday, February 17, 2012

Review: Viva Glam Nicki

The launch of Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin's lip products for MAC Viva Glam happened just on Wednesday, and you can bet I was in the store buying Viva Glam Nicki that day. Viva Glam is a line that MAC has where 100% of proceeds go towards the MAC AIDS Fund. Lada Gaga has had a few Viva Glam lipsticks, and now Nicki and Ricky have become the new faces of Viva Glam.




Nicki's lipstick is a bright yellow-pink with a satin finish. The woman who sold it to me at the MAC counter was wearing it and had an olive skin tone and this looked absolutely darling on her. Although this shade looks good on many skin tones, and fairer people could definitely pull it off, I find myself wanting it to be summer NOW because I know this lipstick will look better with a tan.



I like this shade because you can go from a sheer coverage by using your fingers for a quick hint of color or building it up into an intense, bright coral. 

TIP: make sure you exfoliate your lips before using this lipstick. Between the formula and bright color, you will draw attention to your lips, and chapped or flakey lips tend to not be so cute. 

All in all, I really like this lipstick, and it might just end up being my staple color this spring/summer. You can get it at any MAC counter or at maccosmetics.com for $14.50. Yeah, MAC is pricey, but it's for a good cause! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment