Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Colored French Tips

Again, I am just in love with the Essie Summer Collection, and can't choose just one color to wear. I saw a manicure like this on pinterest a while back, and decided to try it myself. I haven't had the best of luck with doing french manicures on myself, but I decided to try it again. This time I think it turned out pretty good! I think the trick is to let the base color dry absolutely completely before applying the tip guides (like for a couple of hours). Enjoy!

As a base I again used Revlon's Colorstay in Bare Bones. This manicure is the same color scheme as the last toothpick manicure I did. For some reason I'm diggin' it.
Then, after letting the base to dry for about 3-4 hours, I applied french manicure tip guides. These are pretty cheap at the drug store, but you can also use tape if you don't have any.
From there on out, it's pretty self-explanatory. Apply the color at the tip of the nail. I suggest applying it from the tip guide on out to the edge of the nail. I did two coats of each tip before removing the guide, but remove the guide as quickly as possible after the second coat (this will help eliminate the guide taking the polish with it). 



From left to right: Essie Fear or Desire, Essie Bikini So Teeny, Essie Off The Shoulder, Essie Mojito Madness, Zoya Pippa

Thanks for viewing!
~Beth

1 comment: